Welcome!

Hi and welcome to my little blog! Please feel free to make yourself at home, have a good look around and leave a comment if you would like - I enjoy reading them!

Monday 9 May 2011

Pin Cushion

Cycle number:11
Cycle day:7
Meds: Met and Meno.pur
Outlook: Ouchie!

Nothing much to report other than I am slowly become adept at stabbing myself in the stomach with a needle >_< My first self-administered dose was Friday night, and it wasn't the best of situations because we were rushing to get ready and go out so I was even more panicked than I might've been. I faffed around loads, drawing the fluid up, letting it back down because I missed some, getting annoyed by all the bubbles etc. Even wasted one of the fluid pods because I didn't flick it before opening. I then aborted the first stab because it hurt and I thought I wasn't doing it right, so made 2 holes instead of one. It's quite an involved process....!!

When the nurse gave me my first dose last Thursday, I didn't feel a thing - no prick when the needle went in, no discomfort. Even with my much more relaxed last two doses I still feel the needle going in...I suspect I'm not doing it quickly enough. It's pretty hard to get a good angle too on your tum...makes your wrist all twisty.

I am planning to do a photo entry on how to prepare and administer the Meno.pur. I have no idea if this is appropriate, but before I started self-injecting I really wanted to see someone else's idea of how to do it to yourself - it's all well and good watching a nurse do it, of course she finds it easy! - but couldn't find anything illustrated. I hope it will serve both as a reference for those doing it and reassurance that it's really not that scary or complicated for those who are moving towards it.

Other than that, I have just been ticking along. I have a scan on Wednesday to check for follicle progress and to try to work out how many more days of Meno.pur they want me to take...

No comments:

Post a Comment