Welcome!

Hi and welcome to my little blog! Please feel free to make yourself at home, have a good look around and leave a comment if you would like - I enjoy reading them!

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Availability

Cycle number: 11
Cycle day: 9
Meds: Met/Meno.pur
Outlook: Headache

I went for my scan this morning. I seem to have a number of follicles on the brew, the largest being about 10-11mm, so I had to go for a blood test to measure my FSH/LH levels and my oestradol levels. I go back on Friday for another scan and to get the results. If I have too many active follicles they will probably reduce my dose as they are very careful to prevent a multiples pregnancy wherever possible, and therefore don't want me developing more than 2 follicles to fruition. I'm glad that something is happening at least - and I'd rather have too many follicles than none at all. Luckily I'm becoming much more adept at giving myself the injections but I'm hoping things will go so well I won't need to do more than this one cycle of them!

A tad concerned about Friday though - the only appointment slots available were between 11 and 12pm, and I have a meeting at work from 10-12...not sure how well that's going to go down. Technically I will only be taking minutes so may just have to leave early and ask someone else to cover for me for the last 30 mins. There's not much I can do though as I need to be seen on Friday and that's the latest I can go.


Was surprised and slightly annoyed at the variation of treatment you can receive at the hospital today. I've seen 4 or 5 different doctors for my scans over the last few months, and most of them are really lovely. Usually, they turn the ultrasound screen around so that I can see what's going on as they are looking at it, and explain what they can see. Today's doctor was very different (I've had her before but she's never been this bad) she didn't say a single word to me through out the scan and didn't show me the screen or the print outs afterwards. She was generally very short and didn't take the time to ask if I had any questions at the end which I really appreciate from the doctors who do. Will be avoiding her from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment